Tuesday, November 28, 2006

From an e-mail

"It is very sad to hear about the child who was killed. It’s very awful as well. It’s very awful how humanity, with this fabulous potential to create, chooses to destroy. It is sometimes so easy to destroy. It is always very sad to me to hear this happen, to see it happen. And it makes me think we, as artists, as creative workers, have to work even more. As I know full well that our input can’t change the world, but it can support other people in believing and trusting in their creativity. Imagine, an Army of Artists! 100,000 artists, at work, collaborating together! Maybe whoever it was who held the weapon that extinguished a life would feel more satisfied and fulfilled if a paintbrush was given them. I prefer to accept the label of “dreamer” but I do believe creativity can make a difference."
From my e-mail this morning, in reply to my friend, David Degreef-Mounier

No comments: