Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sept. 2005 to Sept. 2007

working on ArtSEEN journal, issue 1, spring 06 - layout on the wall,
with proof prints of Martin Siegrist's intervention "No"



The summer ArtSEEN journal is flying: you can find it in various galleries, where it is reported it sits on the desk of the gallerist who shows it to all; the Chinese and Japanese love it; from Puert Rico there are possibilities of participation in various events; in Berlin it is being introduced to galleries and bookshops; from NY new voices wish to join in the project; from Florida it receives invites to be media-partner for events organized around Art Basel Miami; museums and curators from Colombia call for it to arrive into their hands....

Two years ago in September (was it the 9th?) the concept for ArtSEEN journal was born.
It is through the participation, work, time and dedication of many artists that the SEEN became a reality!
It is with a lot of joy that I can say: the ArtSEEN journal project is growing, with new collaboration form the people who meet the journal – and then decide to join the project!!!

Vittorio Corsini's intervention in ArtSEEN journal, issue 6, summer 07 "ma"

Some of the feedback we’ve received on the Summer issue:

The publication is stunning. Thankyou so much.
David Gothard

David Gothard is the former artistic director of Riverside Studios. As a director he works between the Abbey Theatre in Dublin, Derry, Northern Ireland and the Writers Workshop in the University of Iowa. In London he is a guest speaker at the Slade and he teaches at Chelsea College of Art and the National Film School.


At the moment, I'm working on a show in Frankfurt end of August (…), videos of course, but for (almost) the first time I've added a text I've just finished writing and sent off to be translated into German and printed to be given away as part of the show (I'll send you copies)...which I'm quite excite about because of the design/form; hope it works out. And if I hadn't have written for ArtSEEN I may not have got to this idea.
Anyway, thanks again, always a treat to hear from you...look forward to the next theme.

BTW, the copy of the last issue that I sent to Donald Smith sits in his office in his gallery and I've know he's been showing it to people as I'd heard some very positive comments about it. Well done.
Neil Stewart

Neil Stewart is an artist, and Programme Director, Global Art Practice at Chelsea College of Art & Design – The University of the Arts London. He collaborates with ArtSEEN journal on a regular basis.

I was sent and showed your journal by Elena Bajo - whom I am friends and colleagues with. (…)
I loved the image and would love to submit to a part of your whole macrocosm....globalization has created a visible macrocosm, before it was the world of mystery and mystics - now its the world of web cookies and links ...but congrats, its a gorgeous venture -!
Renee Vara

Renee Vara is, among other, private curator, founder of Vara Global Fine Arts, LLC


Today I received the box of ArtSEEN journals, summer issue. It is sooooo beautiful!!!! Congratulations on inventing a wonderful format for the journal! to find the text inserted on lined paper within the magazine is like finding a secret note someone hid inside a
book, a real journal, like a diary, of thoughts and sensibilities.
It is also just such a nice object to hold.

I wish I knew how to say FANTASTIC!!!! In Italian!
Sue Carlson

Sue Carlson in an artist, and ArtSEEN journal Representative in New York .

I wanted to tell you that I showed ArtSEEN to a few people I know and they loved it.
I think it's a beautiful project, you should stick to it till the end and enjoy every minute
of it. That is why I have considered your offer and I feel honored and overwhelmed that you have chosen me to intervene in your next issue. I would love to work with you and your friends.
Jason Mena

Jason Mena is an artist, living in Puerto Rico. We are also very pleased to announce that he is the “intervening artist” of ArtSEEN issue 7, autumn 07.

No comments: